Saturday 9 June 2012

My Plans for The Block Week 4

Oh my lord, this was a hard choice! There are sooo many amazing bathroom options floating around out there! I'm trying to be tough in my selections but I find so many options every time I look!!

I do not own the rights to any of these photos they are images I have used from Pinterest the online photo sharing site, so citing the true owner is a bit tricky. I have included the link from the place they were "pinned" from.

Main Theme

I know it's white and I'm a colour junky but in the utility rooms such as the Bathroom and the Kitchen I ease off a bit on my white hate as it's the best space to be neutral and relaxed. My main love here is the cabinet. The draws, the stone bench and the double sinks are exactly what I would have gone for. I am also a fan of the hanging mirrors and accessories used here. I'm also a fan of the white subway tiles. Using the wall with an archway to section off the wet area is something I really like as well.

Feature 1

While I love the period features in this room, it's a little too much for these houses but oooohhhhhh I love the walk in shower/wet room! It provides privacy in the shower and a nice secluded area to relax in while having your shower. I also love that as you wash and dry off in the wet area that there is a rug and timber floor in the main area of the bathroom creating a more relaxed and less traditional bathroom feel. The chandelier is a little much but I could imagine this bathroom in a castle and in that it would suit.

Feature 2

I love the period features here and I'm going to be honest, there isn't one feature I like here it's the look I like. The whites and blues and the cute chair and make up station, leading to a big opulent bath. I do like the light here, it's period without being over the top.

Feature 3
 

Ok, so this style doesn't match but the idea of a bit more privacy for the loo is a big plus for me. It also creates more storage which is always a plus in the bathroom.

Stunning

Ok so this wouldn't really match in the bathroom I've planned (or would it) but I just had to add this picture as these tiles are SPECTACULAR. Totally beyond budget I'm sure but just WOW!

After that it appears my plans are a little sporadic so I'll explain a little further. As before I'm using Brad and Lara's room as inspiration. I would raise the wet area like they did however instead of a glass divider I would have put an archway in giving a bit more separation and wall area yet still allowing the light in. I would have put the bath against the side wall and would use the whole other wall as a double open shower space and the area left at the foot of the bath would be a drying off/ towel hanging area. Then down the step I would keep the toilet where it is but put one one of these dividing walls with storage. Then I would keep the cabinet where Brad and Lara had it, yet I would change to this style over modern and would hang one large mirror rather than using the plain edgeless one they used. I wish I had a program where I could whip up a floor plan to show you..........

Ok so next up Week 5 Entranceway, Stairs and Final Bedroom :-) xxoo
Roxanne

1 comment:

  1. I hope when I move out I have a nice new bathroom and kitchen! I am dreaming of that day!

    ReplyDelete