Saturday 28 April 2012

First Post!

Well hello and welcome to my blog....... As an initial post I'll introduce you to me and what I hope this blog will become.

My name is Roxanne and basically I have a butt load of opinions and want to share them. Just like you I have opinions on every aspect of life and often share them, I tend to be stubborn but will freely admit that I have had my mind changed on occasion, so don't give up on me just yet. ;-) However this blog is not going to be me just spouting crap (although some may question the validity of my content :-P). Mostly I'm going to be offering reviews on products, books, magazines, foods, movies and general news.

I have friends who run the most wonderful blogs and I love getting those special emails telling me that a new blog has been posted! It's exciting and has got me thinking, I have a fair few opinions and like to try out new things, maybe it's my turn.

I'm a self confessed social media addict. I love how Facebook has changed my world and brought back friends into my life who I'd probably never have seen or spoken to again. I am yet to venture into Twitter. I'll probably get there eventually buuuuut I was a late comer to facebook so I'm sure I'll get there one day. Pinterest is my current vice. I joined earlier this year and got a little bored of it for a minute but am back with a vengeance and with almost 2000 pins currently I think you can say I am on there a liiiiiittle too much..... :-)

I'm a dance teacher and own my own dance school. We are a very small school and are growing slowly but surely. You'll be amazed the things this career will lead me into discussing. But around concert time (November) expect me to be a wild haired freak who discusses sewing incessantly and you just want to grab hold of and shake, whilst yelling "CALM DOWN!" in an entirely un-calm manner.

I also work in a wonderful kitchenware shop that will open up opportunities to review and discuss the products we all dream of owning due to their prestige yet don't actually know all the details and functions of. Which of-course leads me to my love of cooking. Namely baking. I am a cake lover and with my job offering me the option of expanding my decorating skills, I've become quite the little baker. Buuuut with a partner and a brother who are chef's I do tend to get a little shown up every now and then.........

So here goes nothing, I hope you like it....
P.s. being a dancer I feed off constructive criticism. So if you have any advice or ideas to offer I'll never turn down an offer of help :-)

Thanks for reading xxoo
Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment