Thursday 17 May 2012

My plans for The Block Week 2

Ok so follow up post to The Block 2012 Week 2 with my 'what I would have done'. I have decided that I'm liking Brad and Lara'a ideas the best so I'm going to imagine I'm designing in their house :-) (So glad it's the largest house.... ;-P) Therefore I am imagining I have enough space to design a Master/Ensuite and Walk in Robe.

Again I do not own the rights to any of these photos they are images I have used from Pinterest the online photo sharing site, so citing the true owner is a bit tricky. I have included the link from the place they were "pinned" from.

While I loved the recessed wall/bed head in Brad and Lara's room my plan would be to make it a full wall and put an almost hallway on the window side of the room with a sliding door into the walk in robe and then another into the bathroom. This would turn the walk in robe into a U shape and offer a lot more storage. Also using the window side of the room would give natural light to the walk way and help get some into the ensuite.


Main Theme

 http://media-cache9.pinterest.com/upload/78039006013446647_76I2Xd3t_f.jpg

The colour scheme is what I love here. The grey walls with white edging (though maybe would have gone a little darker in the grey) The wood look floor (laminate would be good as it minimizes noise) The big rug under the bed (giving the bed area a softer feel) and the dark contemporary furniture. That lamp would make a great bedside lamp! I'm not a fan though of the bundle of sticks, the white bed clothes or the asian look to the cupboard.

Feature 1
 http://inthenameofbeauty.tumblr.com/page/3


 I just love this light. To me it gives so much spunk to the room and a little bit of glamour. I would go a little smaller in size and lower it but it's just spunky! Also loving the sliding door in the foreground here. This would work for both the entry into the walk in robe and ensuite in a much smaller size though.

Feature 2
 http://www.grahamandgreen.co.uk/chateau-bedstead

I know it's tacky but I'm loving this bed and matching bedside table set. Ok, ok, so minus the gold....... (kind of) The lovely upholstery and shape are perfect. The gold I'd probably swap to a carved dark wood. Also I'd swap the grape colour for more neutral tones maybe grey, taupe, or navy........

Feature 3
 Link broken

 On the opposite side of the room to the bed I'd have a large dark dresser with a large mirror on the wall. I couldn't quite find a dresser I liked so I've picked this one but I would have preferred it longer and on legs. then maybe an armchair or ottoman as seating (or dumping ground as it would end up in my house). Maybe I'm a little too in love with the dresser in the first photo.........


 Walk in Robe
 http://www.4inspireddesign.com/

So it obviously wouldn't be this wide but if you imagine the opposite wall being just out of shot it's not too bad. I love the slight period features, the colour and the clean lines. The wooden floor is nice and would be easy to clean but maybe a small rug would soften the feel. But I love it!

Ensuite
http://media-cache6.pinterest.com/upload/109353097171586124_Fih64l0O.jpg
 
Sticking to the period feel I want I think this ensuite is nice and relaxed. Again it would need to fit in a much thinner room but with a recessed/floating loo and with a much smaller shower basin it would work. I love the wall sconce and would have the towel rack above the loo there. I know the vanity is a little old school but I like it :-) Sadly there wouldn't be a window though :-( Also, while I love the green, I would have to go a taupe or grey to follow on from the rest of the house.

So do you like my ideas so far? xxoo
Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment